Protein pancakes are not only a healthier option for Pancake Day, but are great as an alternative to your usual breakfast or an after dinner sweet-treat.
You will need:
½ scoop protein powder – I use PHD Diet Whey, Belgian chocolate flavour
Dash of milk
(Makes 3-4 small pancakes)
What to do:
- Heat up the coconut oil in your pan.
- Mix together your eggs, protein powder and milk. You want the mixture to be fairly thick and not runny.
- Pour it into your pan to form several small circles.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on each side until firm and golden brown.
- Pop on a plate and load up with toppings!
The toppings of choice in my photos are Meridian smooth cashew butter, blueberries and raspberries, but the possibilities are endless! Other topping ideas are:
- Dark chocolate pieces and greek yogurt
- Banana, honey and strawberries
- Peanut butter, peanuts and chocolate chips
- Apple and cinnamon
What’s your favourite pancake topping?