I lurrrrve pizza, but my love for it soon fades when I think about the amount of saturated fat and the number of calories *sad face*. This low carb tortilla pizza option tastes equally as good, but for a fraction of the naughtiness. It’s really quick to make too, making it a great mid-week meal option.
You will need:
What to do:
- Heat your oven to 180C.
- Put your tortilla/s on a baking tray and use the back of a spoon to spread a thin layer of tomato puree for the base.
- Put your pepper, olives, tomatoes, onion and mushrooms into a frying pan and cook with some coconut oil for around 10 minutes until soft.
- Add your spinach and stir until just wilted (this won’t take long)
- Empty the contents of your frying pan onto your prepared tortilla and spread everything out across the base.
- Add the mozzarella on top and put in the oven. It will take between 5-10 minutes for the cheese to melt and the tortilla to crisp round the edges (but keep an eye on it as tortillas burn quickly!)
Let me know if you give low carb tortilla pizzas a go and if you have any different suggestions for ingredient combos!