Call me crazy, but sometimes I find a bowl of granola hits the breakfast spot. I usually eat eggs but they can get a bit boring, so when I fancy changing it up, this homemade granola steps in. I’ve been trying out a few different recipes for a while now and this is my ultimate fave.
You will need:
300g porridge oats
100g broken cashews
50g flaked almonds
35g pumpkin seeds
4 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons warm water
Handful of dessiccated coconut, chopped dates and dried cranberries
What to do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 150C.
- Pour the porridge oats, cashews, almonds and pumpkin seeds into a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the honey, warm water, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Spread onto a baking tray lined with parchment for 10 mins at 150C.
- Give it all a little shake up and cook for another 15 minutes until golden.
- Add the dessiccated coconut and bake for 5 minutes (or just until the edges brown).
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle a few chopped dates and cranberries before leaving to cool.
As it cools the granola will stick into lovely clumps of crunchiness and it’ll stay like that for 1 to 2 weeks in an airtight box. In my pics I served mine with Fage greek yoghurt with raspberry and pomegranate compote.
Have you made your own granola before? Would you include anything I haven’t? Let me know so I can try it!