I first decided to start this blog to have a little project that would fill some spare time. I didn’t know how long I’d do it for and didn’t have much of a plan, but most of all I didn’t know how much I would enjoy the whole blogging ‘thing’. Yes, I haven’t been the best blogger; I don’t post as much as I should, I don’t edit my photos and don’t shout about myself on social media, but I’m happy to reach the one year milestone.
As it’s the start of a new year, I thought I’d give myself a pat on the back and reflect on charliebloggs.com 2016 highlights:
- Learning a lot about blogging after just one month.
- Being featured in Blogger Spotlight by Deborah at myrandommusings.co.uk.
- Going to LFW for the first time.
- Being invited to try out The Floatworks.
- Passing the 1,000 monthly visitors barrier.
- Going self-hosted and getting a new theme from the fab peeps at Pipdig.
- Having a lovely afternoon lino cutting with some new blogging friends.
So what does 2017 have in store for charliebloggs.com?
More consistent posts (I promise I’ll try) and better photos (again, I’ll try) are the first things that come to mind. I’d love to have a logo designed. I’d like to go to more blogging events and meet up with fellow bloggers. I want to continue getting inspiration from reading other blogs and learning new things. I want to be more organised – in an ideal world I’ll prep posts a few weeks in advance so I’m not left short of content. There’s so many things, but that seems like enough to mention for now. And I guess now they’re written here I don’t have any excuses (!)
Here’s to 2017 – thank you for reading and stay tuned.